Saturday, September 8, 2007

Life Changing Experience: Chapter I

Kinda delayed posting. My past one week was totally hectic; I had to reorganize after my mid-term break and catch up with my class tests and assignments… and my laundries. But putting all that aside…

For the first time in my four years of university, I have to admit that the recent one week holiday was tremendously meaningful. I attended a Purpose Driven LifeGame camp held at INTI Nilai from 30/8 till 2/9, organized by HOPE KL student group and coordinated by LifeImpactMinistries team.

There was altogether over 350 participants, mostly students with Christian background from all over KL region as well as other places. We have people from Uniten ~hey! That’s me~, MMU, LimKokWing, UPM, UKM, UM, UTAR Sg. Long, NewEra, INTI Nilai, UTP Tronoh, USM Penang, youth groups (secondary schoolers), few working adults (professionals), and couple of Singaporeans.

It was a great camp, the game itself is great, it's a real life monopoly. We got to "work", eat, and spend "money" in the game. Live out our "life", encounter "marriages", "sickness", "accidents" and even "deaths". We’re given a chance to live life once at a fast pace, witness how we and others deal with the dilemmas in life. If any of you out there ever have the opportunity to join the camp, give it a try and you will have a bigger picture of what life is all about.

Look forward to Chapter II for the story of my "life", hopefully with pictures (if I have the time to get it from my unofficial camera-girl).

No comments: